Most candles are made of paraffin wax which releases highly toxic benzene and toluene when burned – both are known carcinogens. Natural candles emit no toxins and provide light and an amazing aroma to your home. Paraffin is a petroleum waste product that has to be deodorized and chemically bleached to be made into wax. Plus, many scented candles have wicks that contain heavy metals, like lead. Even just a few hours of burning them can release high levels of airborne heavy metals. Simply put, soy wax is better. It is better for the environment, for your home and family and creates a better performing product – which is all that matters.
Call it history or chemistry
Soy wax is a relatively new product. A chap discovered it in 1991 while trying to find a cost effective alternative to beeswax. Making soy wax products was a conscious decision of ours. Soy wax is made from the Soybean which means that it is 100% natural, 100% renewable and 100% environmentally friendly. By contrast paraffin wax is a bi-product of the refinery process for petroleum oil therefore non-renewable and non-environmentally friendly.
The milky softness and everlasting scent of soy wax candles is what attracts one the most, to them, initially. But, as you get to explore their universe, you understand the premium quality and effectiveness of soy wax candles. With its lingering aroma, soy wax candles are gradually becoming the first choice of all candle lovers. Having multiple advantages over the traditional wax candles and because of its malleable characteristics, soy wax has also made a special place in the hearts of candle curators and crafters.
Here are the benefits of the soy wax:
- Non-Toxic – Soy wax is a vegetable wax and gives clean burning. It does not release any carcinogens upon burning.
- Better Fragrance – Lower melting temperature of the wax creates a healthier ‘wax pool’ around the wick. This ‘wax pool’ allows the fragrance oils to more easily vaporise, and thus releasing more fragrance into the home.
- Made with Soy Bean Oil- Made with soybean oil this wax is nature friendly and non- toxic, making it a delight for vegan customers and the go-to option for all nature lovers.
- No spillage – Don’t worry about any wax spills on your favourite dining table sheet, as it cleans ups with soap and hot water, without leaving a trace. So, this Diwali, set the mood right for all the parties with soy wax candle, as they are easy to maintain and clean.
- Longer Burning – Soy wax has a lower melting point which means it burns up to 50% longer than paraffin wax candles.
- Less likely to burn the skin – From a safety standpoint, soy wax is the better choice because it has a lower melting point than paraffin. This means less risk of burns should you accidentally spill melted wax onto your skin. In fact, because soy wax has a low melting temperature, you can use the melted wax as a hydrating treatment for cuticles.